Thanks for being a part of
the 2018 PAVE Parent Policy Summit!
The Second-Annual PAVE Parent Policy Summit (P3 Summit) gave parents a platform to share the issues they have identified as most critical to their children’s education. 150 parent leaders from all wards, alongside elected officials and education advocates, came together to decide the issues that families wanted to see amplified for the 2018-2019. At the Summit, parent leaders voted for the two issue areas they believed should be the focus of their work in the coming year: Mental Health Supports & Trauma-informed Training in All Schools and Transparent Citywide Funding. We loved seeing parents and attendees convene around education issues in our city for the second year in a row, as we continued our work to build an education system that is created not just for, but by and with families.
Check out highlights with PPPS 2018!
View the PAVE organization Prospectus
- 2017-2018 Overview
- Mental Health Supports in Schools
- Funding for DC Schools
- DC School Budgets
- At-Risk Funding in DC Schools
- The Power in Our DC Public Education System
- Public Schools in DC: DCPS and Charter Schools
- Policy Rundown 2017
- Community-Centered Leadership Selection
- The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and DC’s State Education Plan
- The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and the State School Report Card
- Out of School Time (OST) Programs
- Special Education